Is Christ really your king?
A King has authority, so another way of posing this question is, “Does Christ have authority in your life?” Consider whether you acknowledge that everything you call your own really belongs to God and think about how well you use those gifts.
- How do you use our time?
- Are you committed to pray and to attend Mass every Sunday without fail?
- Do you use enough of your time to serve God and others, or merely for selfish pursuits?
- Do you use the gift of your speech to witness and evangelize, or merely for small talk and gossip?
- Do you exhibit proper care for your body?
- Are you chaste?
- Do you observe proper safety or are you sometimes reckless?
- Do you reverence life?
- Are you faithful to the Lord’s command to tithe?
- Do you spend wisely?
- Do you pay your debts in a timely way?
- Are you generous enough to the poor and needy?
- Do you love the poor and help them to sustain their lives?
It is one thing to call Christ our King, but it is another to be truly under His authority. The Lord is clear enough in telling us that he expects our obedience: Why do you call me, “Lord, Lord,” but do not do what I tell you? (Luke 6:46)
Is Christ your King?